Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > 30 and the Private Cars last Wednesday

Date: 09/19/16 20:18
30 and the Private Cars last Wednesday
Author: NS62590

Before we even had any idea about the private cars on the Capitol Limited last week, we heard the detector go off with a weird number of axles and knew something was up... was a nice surprise for us. 

Not sure what the cars were, I checked here and based the captions off of the thread. If I made a mistake on the video, let me know! Here's 30 last Wednesday at Sandpatch and through "new" Mexico.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/19/16 20:20
Re: 30 and the Private Cars last Wednesday

Thanks for looking! Enjoy :)
~Craig Z

Date: 09/19/16 20:51
Author: MojaveBill

Thanks for the great pix of the cars!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 09/20/16 00:57
Author: Out_Of_Service

nice vid but i wish you were to the left a little more to watch the train roll through Mexico 

Date: 09/20/16 07:32
Author: Dewman45

They came down on 97 on Friday. When they past me in Palatka, FL they where running over 9 hours late.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/20/16 19:31
Author: rrpreservation

Great Shots!!! Out of curiosity. where was the first shot taken?

Date: 09/21/16 11:46

rrpreservation Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great Shots!!! Out of curiosity. where was the
> first shot taken?

First shot is at Sandpatch itself

Date: 09/22/16 07:29
Wintergreen Private Cars #3 last Wednesday
Author: cozephyr

Wintergreen PV's have returned back East.  Wintergreen cars (#3 dome sleeper lounge-fomerly named Bella Vista, along with former Southern business car 1) were westbound on Amtrak train 5, the California Zephyr, at Crescent, Colorado, July 14, 2015.  These cars make an annual summer trips to Colorado and Montana.

Back in July 2012; the Wintergreen Company, this dream is now a reality. They chartered out two cars and began their adventure. The two cars were Rail Venture's "Bella Vista" and Southern 1. This train would be a photographers dream with access to 4 vestibule (open) windows, a dome, and even a rear platform. The scenery this train would experience would be a dream for a photographer as well. This train went from Oakland, California to Portland, Oregon, via the Feather River Canyon, Gateway Subdivision, Oregon Trunk and onto Portland via Wishram.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/16 07:36 by cozephyr.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.2387 seconds