Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Passenger Trains > Michigan Amtraks on Saturday, April 11, 2015.

Date: 04/12/15 11:28
Michigan Amtraks on Saturday, April 11, 2015.
Author: Ron

I was able to catch a two hour early Westbound #355 in Battle Creek, Michigan, Saturday, April 11, 2015. #355 is usually through here at 8:55 PM, but they ran it early trying to make a window for some track maintenance, bridge deck replacement, in Niles, Michigan.

I got it arriving Battle Creek, at the East Fountain Street crossing at 6:55 PM., and then at the M-96/East Michigan Avenue crossing in August, Michigan, at 7:11 PM.

I then headed west toward Kalamazoo hoping to get #364 along that stretch of M-96, due out of Kalamazoo at 7:12 PM.

I hung around the crossing of East Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, just a quarter mile or so west of CP Comstock, and got him coming around the corner at about 7:42 PM.

I've combined three fairly short videos into one, not terrible long, video. In the last segment, #364, at the very start there are three young boys seen scampering across the tracks. I saw them as I arrived at that crossing. They were back a ways to the east.....walking toward the west right down the right-of-way......  As they got to where I was waiting they got off the tracks and started down a side road, I thought, but when the crossing gates start down they scamper off the tracks. I guess they know/knew what those gates coming down meant.

The weather was really nice and this video turned out much better than the one I took in the rain and wind a couple days ago.

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/12/15 13:00
Re: Michigan Amtraks on Saturday, April 11, 2015.
Author: MEKoch

Glad to see Michigan has fixed or is in process of upgrading their passenger tracks.  Now if only Indiana would take a hint........

Date: 04/12/15 14:30
Re: Michigan Amtraks on Saturday, April 11, 2015.
Author: gaspeamtrak

Excellent! Last shot of him hammering around the corner was "nice".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0244 seconds