Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > 42-car Mixed Manifest: Train Mountain style...

Date: 08/21/16 07:25
42-car Mixed Manifest: Train Mountain style...
Author: Digger

I decided to squeeze in one last trip to Train Mountain prior to the kids returning to school. While there, we decided to "go big" by rounding everything up that was set out in the main yard, and go for a ride. This video is the end result. We only had three derailments while on the mainline, and a few more than that in the yard. We had brakeman/conductors spread out along the consist with radios, since the engineer (a Union Pacific conductor) was rarely able to see the end of his train. This is a sneak peak for Trainorders members, as this content will be shared on TM's social media pages tonight. Enjoy!

Chris Donhost

Social Media Chairman
Train Mountain Railroad 
www.tmrr.org

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/21/16 15:43
Re: 42-car Mixed Manifest: Train Mountain style...
Author: mp12point7

What a fun ride and gives a real appreciation for Train Mountain's immensity. Thanks for all the work to make it happen. I've been watching those cars in Central Yard for weeks.

Date: 08/23/16 12:46
Author: navarch2

All I can say is that I thank my lucky stars that I did not obtain a huge interest in this scale when I get back into model railroads....but every time I see one of these videos....plus....there is a local club expanse nearby......thankfully my LHS does not see this equipment :)

<must not look again....must not look again....must not look.....>

Bob :)

Date: 08/23/16 14:19
Author: uprrman156

You start adding it up Bob it's not much more expensive then HO has turned into. Some people have 10 to 20 engines or more in HO at $200 plus a unit now days plus $20 to 40 per car at 100 or more cars in your fleet. Mind you that most likely you did not buy it all at once but you can find inch and a half scale engines from $2000 on up to get started. And you only need one engine not 20 or 30

Posted from Android

Date: 08/25/16 09:32
Author: Digger

mp12point7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a fun ride and gives a real appreciation for
> Train Mountain's immensity. Thanks for all the
> work to make it happen. I've been watching those
> cars in Central Yard for weeks.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.  

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 1.0194 seconds