Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > Broadway Limited Y6b Smokin Action

Date: 04/22/16 16:20
Broadway Limited Y6b Smokin Action
Author: neildahl

Some have inquired how well the Y6b smokes... here is an example.

Enjoy
Neil

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/22/16 20:18
Re: Broadway Limited Y6b Smokin Action
Author: Westbound

A fine railroad in a garage. Well done.

Date: 04/23/16 04:37
Author: apollo17

With all the advances in technology that's come about in the hobby, maybe someday some manufacture will come up with something to make the smoke a bit darker and have steam shooting from the whistle when blown. Overall what I see here is impressive! 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/16 04:37 by apollo17.

Date: 04/23/16 10:23
Author: BaylorMax

Does the room become a bit smoky?  A late friend of mine had an O tinplate layout in a seperate building.   After a bit, the smoke became a bit overpowering.

Black smoke could cause dirt in the room.  Somehow I don't think my wife would welcome prototypical cinders in her house.

Steve Barkley, MMR

Date: 04/23/16 11:04

Right now I am using JT's Meaga Steam Nada(Unscented), it is not too bad. The other scents are interesting, but can become overpowering. When that happens I open the garage door and let mother nature clear the air. I have been trying the JT's Elimminator fluid, supposed to clean up any bad odors in the smoke unit, it smokes well also, it has a light scent that is almost unnoticeable.

Neil

Date: 04/23/16 11:13

The next release of the Big Boy from Broadway limited has steam coming out the whistle when it it is blown!

Check out their videos.

Have a great day eveyone,

Neil

Date: 04/24/16 07:07
Author: BAB

Quite an advance from the old pills that used to be put into the stack. Will stick to the thought as it still doesnt do the job for me looks like what it is to me.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds