Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Model Railroading > PawPaw's O-Gauge Toy Train Layout Update #3, Feb. 05, 2016 . . .

Date: 02/05/16 19:27
PawPaw's O-Gauge Toy Train Layout Update #3, Feb. 05, 2016 . . .
Author: olddude41

I made a video this morning to show the latest layout progress update at the completion of mountain/tunnel construction. It opens with several still photographs of construction progress from late 2014 through, well, through yesterday! There are several scenic details remaining. I need to add dirt to the dirt road up the mountain, add asphalt paving to the street in town, build and add a house on top of the mountain, make and install a whole bunch of trees, place the buildings in town and wire them for lighting, and a long list of small details. It is truly a work in progress and a genuine labor of love. Thanks to sons Robert and especially Richard for all the assistance in table construction and help in scenery and other details. Rich has been by the house almost every day for the last two weeks to help. 

I had to take several months out of the project dealing with a minor stroke, carotid artery endarterectomy, and a quadruple corinary artery by-pass all between the Spring of 2014 and the Summer of 2015. I started feeling much better around last Christmas and started getting real interested again. I got my first Lionel O-Gauge train for Christmas in 1946 when I was five-years-old, so this is a dream coming true for me after all these years. 

Of course, you're never really finished with a layout and sometimes -- they finish you!

Larry W. Grant
(olddude41)
Dallas, Texas

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/16 10:06 by olddude41.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 02/05/16 20:19
Re: PawPaw's O-Gauge Toy Train Layout Update #3, Feb. 05, 2016 .
Author: CM1

Sweet. Brings back so many memories. I want to be 5 again. Thank you.

Date: 02/05/16 22:20
Author: markloos

Hey, Larry.  Great pictures, quality benchwork, family participation, super scenery, excellent environment, sound, smoke, quality video.  Everything just flat our beautiful.    Thanks for sharing.   Mark  <><

Date: 02/06/16 04:01
Author: SPDRGWfan

Enjoyed the layout progress photo's but the constant pixelation between scenes was very distracting; I'd avoid that in the future.

Cheers, Jim Fitch

Date: 02/06/16 04:46

Noted.

Date: 02/06/16 07:40
Author: DRGW803

Most excellent! Brings back plenty of great memories. Nice work Larry. Thanks for sharing!

Date: 02/06/16 08:08
Author: boejoe

Nice feature.  Somebody likes tank cars!

Date: 02/06/16 08:10
Author: tomstp

Wow, that's quite a run of doctoring!

Date: 02/06/16 08:17
Author: patd3985

Great stuff Larry! I noticed the slight derailment on the 2nd truck of the first tank car going into the tunnel at about 6:30. Looks like you found it pretty quick though. I've got my "S" Guage A/M Flyer Northern in the backshop for a rebuild right now, but hope to have her back on the mainline before too long! Good work on your layout layout!..........Thanx,.......Pat

Date: 02/06/16 08:25

patd3985 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great stuff Larry! I noticed the slight derailment
> on the 2nd truck of the first tank car going into
> the tunnel at about 6:30. Looks like you found it
> pretty quick though. I've got my "S" Guage A/M
> Flyer Northern in the backshop for a rebuild
> right now, but hope to have her back on the
> mainline before too long! Good work on your
> layout layout!..........Thanx,.......Pat

Yep, I noticed that derailment on the Sunoco tank car when I was editing the video. I was amazed that it did not derail the entire consist in the tunnel! 

Good luck with your American Flyer project.

Larry

Date: 02/06/16 08:31

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow, that's quite a run of doctoring!

I am hopeful of a good, healthy 2016.

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0562 seconds