Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Model Railroading > First Run of the layout for friends did not go as planned, part 2

Date: 04/15/15 16:29
First Run of the layout for friends did not go as planned, part 2
Author: herronpeter

This is my second try at this so I hope I've done it right w/o breaking any rules.

After a long period of construction, it was finally time to show my friends the fruits of my labor and run some trains for them.  This date had been postponed at least once a week for 4 weeks as I kept running into "issues". (mainly shorts and clearance problems)  This was to be a demonstration of how the 23 T GE Boxcab (Lee Town Models, Tsunami DCC) is able to fit on the turntable with a standard 40 box car to be turned or placed on a different track.
We all thought this was hilarious (no damage done but to my ego!) as I had spent so much time getting ready for this moment!!  After the "dust settled" and the critter was back on the rails, I found out why it would not stop.  I had accidentally hit the recall button on the handheld and the GE did not get my stop command.  I was demonstration the need for the tiny engine to be able to fit on the turntable with a 40' box car to turn or place into the wheel building (not yet built).  Anyway, we had a good laugh and hope you might too.  BTW, the rest of the demonstration went quite well.
Thanks for looking,
Peter

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/15/15 16:40
Re: First Run of the layout for friends did not go as planned, pa
Author: RFandPFan

Priceless!  Glad to see you have a great sense of humor...I know a few people in our hobby who wouldn't!  Thanks for posting this humorous video.

Date: 04/16/15 11:46
Re: First Run of the layout for friends did not go as planned, pa
Author: atsf121

I think all of us have done something like that at least once!

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0326 seconds