Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > ACWR Easter Trains

Date: 03/23/24 13:06
ACWR Easter Trains
Author: scraphauler

Aberdeen Carolina & Western, in conjunction with West End Fire & Rescue, is operation 8 Bunny Tail & Rails trained this this weekend - 4 today, Saturday 3/23 and 4 tomorrow 3/24.   Train is operating from Fire Station 61 on NC 73 in West End NC, and is running south at a slow leasurly pace for 20 minutes or so, then reversing direction at the Pinewild Country Club practice facilities in Pinehurst NC.  Majority of the run is in view of NC 211 for anyone in area wishing to follow.  After train ride, kids are treated to an Easter Egg hunt and tour of the fire station and fire trucks. 

Video is first train of the day this moring, crossing Kilbride Dr in Pinewild, minutes away from stopping and reversing direction.  The outdoor cars are not being patronized this trip due to the rain this morning, but subsequent drier tris truism afternoon have seen people taking advantage of these cars.   Several of the trips are reportedly sold out. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/24 13:10 by scraphauler.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/24 13:08
Re: ACWR Easter Trains

Later in the day, the sun was coming out and a few hearty souls had ventured out to the flat cars.  Train is seen here return north at Kilbride Drive again.  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/24 20:05
Author: boejoe

Thanks for posting.
jb

Date: 03/23/24 21:31
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting your excellent videos.
ALLEN

Date: 03/24/24 05:30
Author: jcaestecker

Thanks from me also.  I have it on good authority that the chef was instructed to make 1000 cookies for the young passengers who will be riding.

-John

Date: 03/24/24 07:27

jcaestecker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks from me also.  I have it on good authority
> that the chef was instructed to make 1000 cookies
> for the young passengers who will be riding.
>
> -John

I still think it's awesome that ACWR hired an outstanding chef to be on staff.  Chef Miller did a fansastic job on the Valentine trains last month! 

Date: 03/24/24 19:19

Here's a spy shot for everyone - in addition to the famous E and F units in the video, ACWR also have more E and F units on the roster undergoing or awaiting to undergo restoration.  F7B 1004 sits outside the paint shop, presumably waiting its turn inside.  This is ACWR 1004, formerly OHCR 1004, OHRS 781, BN 781, BN 9815, NP 6707B.   And what is that big GE?  ACWR picked up a pair of CSXT AC60CW several years ago.  One sits as a truckless hulk outside the shop.  The other has been inside the shop for sometime now.   It now APPEARS to be in the paint booth.  And it appears it might get a yellow and magenta (or some variation thereof) paint scheme vs the freight green and cream.  Very interesting.  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.062 seconds