Home Open Account Help 172 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Dronefoaming Horseshoe Curve (100th video on TO.com!)

Date: 10/17/16 08:27
Dronefoaming Horseshoe Curve (100th video on TO.com!)
Author: tehachapi-dave

Three years ago, in the summer of 2013, I posted my first video on Trainorders, it depicted a westbound intermodal at Cresson, PA on the NS Pittsburgh Line, the train cut the helpers on the fly west of MO.  Since then, I've posted another 99 videos on Trainorders, with subject matters from all across the US.  I've gone through many equipment upgrades and additions in those three years, and looking back, I can laugh at the poor quality of my videos in the early days!  Finally, a big  thank you to everyone that has commented on my videos with constructive criticism and compliments, and to Todd, for running one of the best railroad discussion boards in the world!

Now, its been three years, and once again, I find myself on the Pittsburgh Line, only this time, it is on the "East Slope," at one of the most famous locations in all of railroading, Horseshoe Curve.  With the recent tree cutting done, the view at the curve is truly something to behold, and the drone does little justice to the view one is offered at the curve now.  

Thanks to everyone who has watched over the years, and as always, enjoy the video!
Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/17/16 09:34
Re: Dronefoaming Horseshoe Curve (100th video on TO.com!)
Author: Pattenburg

Real nice video!

Date: 10/17/16 10:33
Author: King_Coal

Fun to watch. Looks like the vegetation removal this year was quite thorough. Helps the view.

Date: 10/17/16 10:51
Author: reel_smooth

Fabulous! VOTD for me, if that opinion counts for anything.

Date: 10/17/16 13:40
Author: ns1000

reel_smooth Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fabulous! VOTD for me, if that opinion counts for
> anything.

​AGREED.....!!  Nice work!!

Date: 10/17/16 13:58
Author: jmbreitigan

That is one well done video.
John

Date: 10/18/16 07:18
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Really really nice video. I couldn't help but laugh on one part. Note the sun peaking a hole through the clouds and as the units are starting to round the curve, the sun is following them like a spot light. But awesome angle. They sure did tear out a lot of trees.

Date: 10/18/16 08:23
Author: RGDave

Congrats, buddy, and nice work like usual! :-)

~RGDave

Date: 10/18/16 09:04
Author: Lackawanna484

Great video, and even better discussion about how practice / upgrades / experience have improved your results over time.

Date: 10/18/16 10:54
Author: Tominde

Really effective use of drone.  You manuevered expertly.   This gives a terrific perspective of "why do they need a horseshoe?" 

Date: 10/18/16 12:53
Author: sti0021

Nice, what type of drone are use using?

Date: 10/18/16 19:13
Author: JLinDE

Cute, but uniformative. You moved the drone around could not get a good car count to see what this train was and what it was hauling. I guess about 120 cars right? Anyone know?

Date: 10/21/16 20:27
Author: ProAmtrak

Awesome video TJ, great sound and everything!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds