Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Alco Smoke

Date: 05/17/16 16:37
Alco Smoke
Author: m1bprr

Looking back to the Streamliners at Spencer in 2014 this Alco FPA4 seems to have fuel delivery problems, but thats what Alco's do SMOKE!
Ed K. OH WELL PRODUCTIONS
cp Laurel Run

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/17/16 16:48
Re: Alco Smoke
Author: WLE2679

Nice catch.   Cant believe that guy just walked in front of your video!

Date: 05/17/16 16:58
Author: boejoe

Alco's smoke and railfans walk in front of other railfan's cameras.  Like that Clinchfield caboose.  (Carolina Clinchfield & Ohio)

Date: 05/17/16 18:09
Author: jim6300loco

neat stuff. I always liked that paint scheme.

Date: 05/17/16 19:35
Author: NS4271

Yes, I ran that Alco at the museum in Monticello, Illinois 3 years ago. 
I always liked Alcos.

Date: 05/18/16 08:25
Author: Tominde

WLE2679 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
   Cant believe that guy just walked in front of your video!

Remember this is a mega railfan event crawling w/ fans.  Also it appears Ed was using telephoto and there appears to be a small photo line at that position.

Ed at first I thought DLW got an FPA4.  Now that would be nifty.   The Alco chug and black smoke like in scene 2 is more what I remember from Alcos. Nice stuff.

Date: 05/18/16 11:42
Author: hoggerdoug

Nice video, sights and sounds!!  First clip, the type of exhaust is a good indicator of a cold engine, not up to operating temperature.  Second clip, warm engine, black exhaust, typical Alco.    Doug

Date: 05/19/16 04:32
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Looks like the exhaust was partially capped in the first section since it was unable to go 'up'. Instead it was being blown down. 

Date: 05/21/16 15:16
Author: kingman

Smoke em if you got em !

Date: 05/22/16 06:00
Author: kxmcclu

The hogger forgot to flip back the stack cover in the first clip.  He told me he realized that when exhaust starting coming in the cab windows, and the engine room was full of it.  Oh, and yes, it was the first trip of the day for them, and the loco was still "cold".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0337 seconds