Home Open Account Help 314 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Turn

Date: 11/21/15 17:43
Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Turn
Author: Ron

Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Turn, Thursday, November 19, 2015. Wayland, Michigan.

The Grand Elk Railroad is a Watco Railroad that operates on former-NS track-age between Elkhart, Indiana, up into Michigan to Kalamazoo, and further north to Grand Rapids.

Thursday, a friend and I were out and about looking for the GLLX 4433, the former GTW 4433. It's now being leased by The Agronomy Liquid Fertilizer Storage and Handling Facility a couple miles south of the small town of Wayland, Michigan.

As we were leaving the WAMX 4125 WAMX 4206 WAMX 4189 North arrived to pick up one empty and set out a whole bunch of cars there. Not knowing what kind of work they had to do, we left there and found a decent place where we could catch the train heading north after they completed their work.

Well, this video is of that train.......if you can really call it a train!! Three locomotives and SIX cars!
It was a beautiful sunny afternoon, although rather windy. But, today, Saturday, there's about 6 to 8 inches of snow there now!

Ron

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/21/15 19:51
Re: Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Turn
Author: jkh2cpu

I liked the video... nice to see what's going on over
on the west side of the state.

You had a beautiful day for the video.

John.

Date: 11/21/15 20:22
Re: Grand Elk Railroad Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids Turn
Author: Ron

It was a beautiful afternoon, but windy. We were looking for that GLLX 4433 - GTW 4433 and we talked with the guys that were working on it and about the time we were leaving we hear this guy pulling up and he cut off from the train. He went in and picked up one car. So I headed out looking for a place to get a decent video and we waited and waited and waited.....and finally he showed up....all six cars.

I know the Engineer that was on it that day, but I didn't get a car count from him, but they set out a bunch of cars, loads of fertilizer.

Here are three of the GLLX/GTW 4433 built in 1954. They were installing an engine block heater on her. I guess they were expecting winter!!

You chasing the 1225?

Ron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0483 seconds