Home Open Account Help 341 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A "Steamy" Weekend in Youngstown

Date: 07/28/15 19:45
A "Steamy" Weekend in Youngstown
Author: NS62590

After the 3rd wettest June in the city's history, we finally got to some summer weather in Northeast Ohio this past weekend. Oh... this is a train thread? That's right - not my meteorology classes. 

Well - steamy describes not only the weather, but the railroad in the region this past weekend too. The NKP 765, as you all know, paid a visit to Youngstown this weekend for its excursions to Ashtabula. I got the opportunity to chase it both days with mostly beautiful weather. Here's the results of the chase from both days. 

1) My favorite photo of the entire weekend was my first - just starting out on Saturday, NS 958 (the symbol used for the excursion) just getting onto the Youngstown line, knocks down the signals at CP-Valley. Photo taken from the Madison Avenue Expressway. 
2) One of the most common spots (even though there were many) was Bell Wick Road in Hubbard.
3) Combined both of the videos I did. One open field shot from Rt 147 (Hayes Road) in Trumbull County fading into the start of the grade out of Ashtabula.  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/28/15 20:01
Re: A "Steamy" Weekend in Youngstown

4) Still image from Ashtabula - coming up the grade right outside of town just onto the Youngstown Line back south. 
5) Dead wheat field shot in Dorset, OH. 
6) Open green field shot with barn! 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/15 23:11 by NS62590.

Date: 07/28/15 20:14

7) Wide soy bean field shot (same as from the video - but Sunday, with more sun!
8) Open field shot with smoke! 
9) Coming back into Youngstown from the East Federal Street bridge on Sunday dropping off the passengers after a successful weekend! 

A HUGE thanks to NS and the Fort Wayne Historical Society for this weekend - the cops were VERY nice to all the railfans out and about, and it was truly a great weekend. Got to meet many new faces, put faces to names, and hang out with old friends. Hope you all enjoy the shots as much as I enjoyed taking them! Thanks for looking! 
~Craig Z

Date: 07/28/15 20:21
Author: FEC2000

Nice job weatherman!

Date: 07/29/15 04:54
Author: jmbreitigan

Imprerssive work. I like how you captured the whole train in photo #8.
John

Date: 07/29/15 05:25
Author: ns1000

VERY NICE....!! Thanks.......

Date: 07/29/15 11:10
Author: Goalieman

Love the video at the start of the grade.  FANTASTIC!!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0458 seconds