Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Over / under oil thru Philly

Date: 04/14/15 20:04
Over / under oil thru Philly
Author: jonjonjonjon

If you like your trains sloooooow.....this video is for you!
Here's an empty oil train crawling through Philadelphia as a loaded train arrives from the north/west.
Lots of oil moving through town these days

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/14/15 23:22
Re: Over / under oil thru Philly
Author: Out_Of_Service

nice Jon ... when was that video taken today ??? ... the reason i ask if your vid was Tues I was driving wb down the Schuylkill around 11:00am and i saw an empty oil train (didn't see the power) rolling through Belmont heading towards CP-River and i saw that another oil train, a loaded K train for PES was waiting on the Schuylkill River Bridge at CP-River ...

at first i thought the train with the NS power and GO unit on the B&O was an empty K train from PES then i was wondering if it was an 67W from Eddystone ... then i thought with 3 units my guess was that it was an empty K train from PES ... Eddystone trains usually only rate 2 units plus Septa's window for their Airport Line is between 12:30am and 4:40am but on rare occasions NS has utilized a 3 unit power consist on the Eddystone trains ...

when i was returning home eb around 5pm i saw a standing oil train across the stone bridge at Belmont ... didn't see the power so i don't know what direction it was traveling ...

Posted from Android

Date: 04/15/15 04:45
Author: jonjonjonjon

THis was on Sunday - presumably the backlog of trains after the the maintenence embargo lifted on CSX

Date: 04/15/15 05:02
Author: jmbreitigan

Slow indeed, looks like 5 mph to me. Nice cacth to get an empty and loaded oil train.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0385 seconds