Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > ex B&O Coaling Tower

Date: 04/13/15 19:11
ex B&O Coaling Tower
Author: agrafton

Did a Drone video and photo shoot of ex B&O Coaling Tower sitting at the south end of the Akron Yard on the New Castle Sub at BG128.5.Did this Saturday afternoon late, Had my wife stand next to my truck photographing while I stood behind a control box and flew the Drone.There use to be  next to the  tracks a joint B&O and PRR at a tower that proclaimed this to be Arlington, whose telegraph call letters were AY.In one photo I got so close to the high tension wires I had to back off and down and fly under then going back up. The photos and video that follow show the past and the replacement of coal with diesel as shown in first photos inparticular in the first photo ( both photos) D763 in February 2007 the fueling of the 763 between the the coal hopper and the coaling towerand in the second photo the irony of the Diesel smoke with the coaling tower in the back ground

.Photos marked accordingly: 
photo 1 from February, 2007 the D763 get fuel from a tanker with coaling tower in background
photo 2 diesel smoke puffs up reminiscent of old Steam engine
photo 3 ( Drone photo )the coaling tower with Akron Yard to left, NCS the far two tracks, track on right not used anymore
Thanks, Alan

Date: 04/13/15 19:58
Re: ex B&O Coaling Tower
Author: train544

Hi Alan
Great set of pics of the Akron coal tower
Tom Boylan

Date: 04/13/15 20:02
Author: FEC2000

Hope that Hawk left your drone alone today!!!

Date: 04/13/15 20:12

photo 4 coaling tower view with high tension wire very close to Dronephoto 5 looking down the right side of towerVideo fly by, Thanks Alan 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/13/15 20:15

FEC2000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hope that Hawk left your drone alone today!!!

Lately I've had a few problems with Crows...lol

Date: 04/14/15 04:49
Author: jmbreitigan

I like the framing of your second photo. With some wishful thinking you could imagine a steam locomotive underneath that plume of smoke.
John

Date: 04/14/15 06:26
Author: Lakota-rail

Wow, that is cool.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0502 seconds