Home Open Account Help 340 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NYS&W Doubleheading Paris Hill, NY

Date: 04/10/15 16:13
NYS&W Doubleheading Paris Hill, NY
Author: ut-1

As mentioned in recent threads ( http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3711761 ), the NYS&W has recently acquired CSX GP38 2732 to assist its GP40 3040 on Utica, NY branch duties.

Here is a video showing these two engines in action on April 9th; there is a bit of wind noise during a few parts which I tried to minimize as best I could. I used a Canon SX510HS camera to make this short film.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 04/10/15 16:43
Re: NYS&W Doubleheading Paris Hill, NY
Author: pal77

Thanks for posting.  From a fan perspective I have never liked the leasing of gp38's and such from CSAO I do miss the gp18, 20 and 38 in yellow jacket.  But I guess the deal they worked out made far more sense than patch work on the older stuff.  In the not so distant future the line should be re-opened from Chenago Forks and likely you will see more variety up your way.  Likely the SD30ECO that are being rebuilt from 2 of the tunnel motors.  Thanks again keep'm coming.

Date: 04/11/15 04:52
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 04/11/15 09:17
Author: sti0021

Nice work.  Do they run every day out of Utica?  What time is the crew called?

Date: 04/11/15 12:07
Author: ut-1

sti0021 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice work.  Do they run every day out of Utica?
>  What time is the crew called?

Thanks! Lately they've been running to Sangerfield nearly every day, M-F, especially now with the increased demand for fertilizer with the growing season upon us. Oneida Asphalt is starting to get cars again, as shown in the video.

They usually head out between 9-11 am, there's really no set time. Sometimes the crew switches the New Hartford & New York Mills customers before heading to Sangerfield.

Date: 04/11/15 14:13
Author: sti0021

Thanks for the information, keep up the good work!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds