Home Open Account Help 257 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Train time at Harlow Town etc.

Date: 05/24/15 18:32
Train time at Harlow Town etc.
Author: newtonville150

Shot on various days between May 6th and May 11th,  at Stansted Mountfitchet, Harlow Town, Cambridge, Liverpool Str and St Pancras.

These first three pictures of what looks like some kind of excursion train at Harlow Town. There was a class 67 diesel at both ends. I speculate that one of those diesels was supposed to be a steam locomotive. Anyone have any ideas on this? May 6th.

...John Reay
Toronto, ON.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/15 18:33 by newtonville150.

Date: 05/24/15 18:38
Re: Train time at Harlow Town etc.

A class 170 DMU has just arrived from Norwich into one of the north-end bay platforms at Cambridge.
The last time I was in Cambridge (2000) I don't think the island platform had been built yet?

Date: 05/24/15 18:43

Some class 379 EMUs seen leaving Harlow Town, and also dusting the cobwebs away passing through Stansted Mountfitchet. May 6th video.
On the way to Heathrow terminal five...a last look down the platform at Liverpool Street. May 11th.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/24/15 18:52

We took a day trip to see one of my wife's relatives in Ashford on May 9th.
This involved travelling on one of South Eastern's 225km/h Javelin EMUs from St Pancras...Britain's fastest domestic trains? I did not object in the slightest.
Also seen is a line up of Eurostars behind the security fencing (with an East Midlands DMU in the background.)
The closest Eurostar showed me a 3/4 profile.

...John Reay
Toronto, ON

Date: 05/25/15 12:43
Author: 86235

The Belmond British Pullman is usually topped and tailed by class 67s. Steam, in the form of 35028 Clan Line, occasionally works it. It's manned by DBS crews, so was unaffected by the West Coast debacle.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds