Home Open Account Help 233 users online

European Railroad Discussion > Upper Holloway Freight Loop

Date: 05/22/15 14:42
Upper Holloway Freight Loop
Author: 86235

I was cycling home from Camden Town at lunchtime, crossing the Gospel Oak to Barking line on Junction Road I saw what looked like a cherry red locomotive through the lineside fence. It was 59205 on some empty box wagons on a Friday-only working from a stone siding at Chelmsford, about 30 miles east of London. It's booked to sit there for about an hour, leaving at 13:22. So I waited, and here it is pulling away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/15 14:56 by 86235.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/23/15 05:38
Re: Upper Holloway Freight Loop
Author: McKey

Excellent video Nick!

Do they empty the MRL bathtub gondolas by tipping them over?

Date: 05/23/15 13:19

No, by grab

Date: 05/24/15 04:47
Author: McKey

It always amazes me how grabs can empty cars completely. Am I missing to think something? I would assume some of the load will always be left there even after emptying. Which is away from the effective capacity next ime car is loaded.

Here is a typical class Eanos bulk carrier, also emptied by grab, to my amazement. No vacuum cleaning to empty the rest ;) 

Date: 05/24/15 07:21
Author: spflow

Lovely clip. thanks. Dose the wonderfully named Junction Road Junction signal box still exist? And which came first-  the road or the junction? I know the Junction Tavern is worth a detour! I ate there with my daughter and husband last week.

Date: 05/25/15 12:39

No, the box is long gone, been controlled from Upper Holloway for 20 years or more.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0329 seconds