Home Open Account Help 370 users online

Nostalgia & History > SP - Oakridge, Oregon.

Date: 03/07/17 06:50
SP - Oakridge, Oregon.
Author: SP2778

SP 7530 East  April 27, 1991.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/07/17 07:16
Re: SP - Oakridge, Oregon.
Author: WAF

OAPTT

Date: 03/07/17 07:33
Author: HH

Ah, good memories!  The camera is pointed toward my Grandparents' house, 8 or 9 blocks away.
Lots of open boxcars on that train...back in the day when it was a lot easier to catch a ride!

HH

Date: 03/07/17 15:24
Author: truxtrax

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OAPTT

OAPTT as I recall was Oakland/Portland/trailers.
Not much in the trailer business, and more like lumber mt's

Larry Dodgion
Wilsonville, OR

Date: 03/08/17 07:29
Author: WAF

truxtrax Wrote:
> WAF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > OAPTT
>
> OAPTT as I recall was Oakland/Portland/trailers.
> Not much in the trailer business, and more like
> lumber mt's

​LIght day for TOFC, lije a M-W departure from OA. OAPTT was built this way, just like 378 in the late 70s, early 80s

Date: 03/08/17 07:53
Author: Railbaron

truxtrax Wrote:
> WAF Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > OAPTT
>
> OAPTT as I recall was Oakland/Portland/trailers. Not much in the trailer business, and more like lumber mt's.

​By the late early 90's this was a pretty typical consist; the OAPTT was only occasionally a solid intermodal train and if it was it would be later in the week. In fact the OAPTT was often one of the heaviest northward trains we'd get up here as it was often sent north with loads destined to the Portland area (beer, scrap steel, etc.). As a personal note I hated this train as it often seemed to be the train that would give me the most trouble going down the hill.

​The counterpart for the OAPTT, the PTOAT, was just as bad. It was often not a solid intermodal train either being built with lots of steel, lumber, chemicals, and then a block of empty beer cars headed south again. Tonnage wise it would often rival the lumber trains out of Eugene and almost always would get a helper.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0345 seconds