Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Nostalgia & History > Tower Tuesday: Belt Junction in Dallas

Date: 05/24/16 07:23
Tower Tuesday: Belt Junction in Dallas
Author: johncarr

video removed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/20 19:58 by johncarr.

Date: 05/24/16 09:24
Re: Tower Tuesday: Belt Junction in Dallas
Author: SCKP187

Great video. It was nice to see the B23-7s and like you mentiond, grafitti-clean cars.
Brian Stevens

Date: 05/25/16 08:03
Author: ntharalson

John, thanks for posting this video.  

I have often thought over the past several years that were I starting railfanning today,
I would go digital video rather than still photography.  I'm very glad that you, and others,
went the video route when you did.  I can still remember the first time I saw an amateur
video, VHS, in the early 1980's, and thought it would never catch on.  Of course, it did, 
and one of the reasons is the sound that goes with it.  Thank you for catching this action
that you've posted, and I'm looking forward to the next post.  

Nick Tharalson,
Marion, IA

Date: 05/25/16 21:43
Author: jgilmore

Thanks for the recall. Spent many a day around Belt Jct in the 80's/90's. It was always busy then, but the place is busier than ever these days. Even without the SP trains to Plano, there's lots more east-west traffic and new intermodal business to/from the Dallas Intermodal terminal in Hutchins. This has led to plenty of new trackage between Belt Jct and Mesquite, including a new siding just east of the old tower. Progress, I guess...

JG
Fort Worth

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0327 seconds