Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Nostalgia & History > Busy NdeM Passenger Service In Veracruz

Date: 09/29/15 15:57
Busy NdeM Passenger Service In Veracruz
Author: BNSF-6432

In 1975, my dad (for some unknown reason, being the band director) had taken a group of high school students on a trip to Mexico. Without doubt he took time to capture some of the rail action at the station in Veracruz. If you like ALCOs and jazz, this is it. Also to note is all the former US passenger equipment, and also a mix train or two.

Taken in the summer of 1975 in Veracruz, Mexico with 8mm

By Daryl McGee
PQM 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/29/15 16:05
Re: Busy NdeM Passenger Service In Veracruz
Author: mcfflyer

Wow!  What astonishing variety!  Thanks for posting!

Lee Hower - Sacramento

Date: 09/29/15 16:53
Author: SD452XR

Great video and nice music!

Date: 09/29/15 17:17
Author: CPR_4000

Wow! I liked the ex-C&O "Chessie" coach at 4:14 and the pair of M630's (636's?) on the mixed train with STOCK CARS ahead of the passengers. Surprising to see all the heavyweights in revenue service that late.

Date: 09/29/15 18:57
Author: RuleG

BNSF-6432 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
 If you like ALCOs and
> jazz, this is it.

> By Daryl McGee
> PQM 

I do like Alco locomotives and jazz and thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to this video.  While I assume it wasn't intentional, that's the first time I've seen trains pulse to a jazz beat!

Thank you for posting this.

Date: 09/29/15 19:19
Author: mundo

On the NDM  heavyweight coaches were common up to the end.   Saw a  heavyweight  Truss Rod coach in the coach shops about  1988.    They ran them until wrecked.

Date: 09/29/15 21:28
Author: MyfordBrowning

Really enjoyed this video of the NdeM in Veracruz. A large number of new coaches were purchased from Canada in the late1970s that replaced some of the older equipment. The car were similar in appearance to the Tempo cars.

Date: 09/29/15 22:03
Author: railwaybaron

Was the last train with the mechanical reefer and stock cars in front of express cars an mail and express train or a mixto?

Date: 09/30/15 13:50
Author: kinnearyard

They run everything until it's wrecked.

Date: 09/30/15 22:15
Author: Waybiller

Very cool.  By the time I got to Veracruz all the passenger trains were gone, but it's a very nice station.

Date: 10/01/15 11:47
Author: MyfordBrowning

It was at time difficult to tell what the railroad considered a passenger train or a mixed train by looking at it. Since most trains did not require steam lines, regular freight cars could be used used in passenger train, especially boxcars for express service. Stock car were often used to carry pulque in barrel. In the 1980 it was common to see the Merida to Mexico City passenger train with livestock on the front of the consist. On the other hand there were still two all sleeping car trains in Mexico going into the 1980s and these were assigned steam equipped locomotives.

Cliff
railwaybaron Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was the last train with the mechanical reefer and
> stock cars in front of express cars an mail and
> express train or a mixto?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds