Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Steam & Excursion > Sierra Ry. excursion- 1993

Date: 10/19/16 21:18
Sierra Ry. excursion- 1993
Author: ATSF5964

December of 1993 saw a pair of excursions on the trackage of the Sierra Railroad- the Saturday trip was a double-headed passenger train from Jamestown to Cooperstown and return. Doing the honors were the Sierra's #3 and #28, on a fine clear fall day. It was quite a drive to Jamestown from the East Bay, so preparations were well underway by the time of my arrival. The #28 was already serviced and was in the process of getting on the train, while the #3 was being turned and readied for a day's work. One thing that I remember clearly about that morning; you can cover an event with either video or still photography, but trying to do both at the same time is courting disaster! The first installment of this video depicts some preparations in the yard at Jamestown, followed by a pair of runbys on the road. In a day or two I'll post the video from the rest of the trip.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/20/16 03:34
Re: Sierra Ry. excursion- 1993
Author: LoggerHogger

Very nice footage.  Thanks for posting.

I especially loved the run-by at the curve at Chinese.  Here is the same spot photographed by Glenn Bieir with Sierra #38 doing the honors in February 1955.

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/16 03:36 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 10/20/16 06:54
Re: Sierra Ry. excursion- 1993
Author: msharps

Fantastic video! Looking forward to Part 2. Thanks for sharing!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0493 seconds