Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Steam & Excursion > Setting up American Freedom Train with sound

Date: 08/19/16 14:46
Setting up American Freedom Train with sound
Author: webmaster

A short little sound segment showing setting up the American Freedom Train for display.  Film was in bad condition, explaining the black laquer that streaks through the picture at times. Still a great segment though.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/19/16 15:34
Re: Setting up American Freedom Train with sound
Author: BoilingMan

Very cool- and very much a day-in-the-life AFT video. In the very early part of the clip Lew is handing up PA speakers that mounted on the car ends. I worked with Lew opening up each car, setting the foot plates in between the cars and connecting the diaphragms. This had to be done between each display car once the train was spotted. After we were finished, Lew went back and leveled the cars with Ray Flores the AFT Train master, also in the video. (Ray was an SP guy and worked in the West Oakland Brake Shop before & after the AFT)
Lew was mentioned in my TO series a couple of times and appeared in my Winterail show 2yrs ago.
I've not seen or heard from him since the AFT ended in Miami.

Date: 08/20/16 21:11
Author: asheldrake

Great video Todd....a perspective most of us have not seen.   thank you.  Arlen

Date: 08/21/16 05:45
Author: Rich_Melvin

Havng worked with a lot of 16mm and 35mm film in my career, I can see that the film is actually in very good condition. It's well exposed, properly color-balanced and very sharp. Whoever shot it did a nice job with it.

All that black stuff could be removed. Find a professional film house (they are still around) that can clean the film and all of that black stuff will go away. The cleaning solution which the film is run through will not hurt the film, but it will remove the dirt. It's a very gentle but thorough process.

Rich Melvin
Columbus, OH
My Web Site

Date: 08/22/16 10:40
Author: ProAmtrak

Nice video, can't wait to see more of this!

Date: 08/22/16 13:24
Author: sp3204

SR, Lew and Papa Ray...A great piece of footage of some of the unseen people that made it work!
Red 23

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0459 seconds