Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Steam & Excursion > Some videos of N&W 611 from May 7th-8th

Date: 05/23/16 19:45
Some videos of N&W 611 from May 7th-8th
Author: OCtrainguy

A little overdue, but I've finally got some of my videos to share from my Roanoke area trip on May 7th and 8th.  Onto the videos:

1.  The eastbound Powhatan Arrow heading east through Webster
2.  The Powhatan Arrow returning to Roanoke
3.  The Pelican rolling through Christiansburg with a really, really large crowd.  There were easily over two hundred people there to watch the train roll by.

Hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/23/16 20:24
Re: Some videos of N&W 611 from May 7th-8th

One more to share.  This is on Sunday, May 8th with the Powhatan Arrow heading east at Villamont.  The engine sounded and looked great all weekend.  Hopefully, I will be able to see it out stretching its legs next year.  

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/24/16 08:35
Author: MaryMcPherson

She sounded even better on the return at Villamont on Sunday.  I was shooting about where that white truck was in your shot.  Also, you must have been next Tom my friend George on the pedestrian bridge at Roanoke.  We had two cameras on the bridge, and I was past the next bridge near the signals a bit further west of the station.

Great stuff!  And a great weekend!

If I never make it to Roanoke again, I definitely made it at the right time!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 05/26/16 16:31

Thanks for the compliment.  It was a great weekend and I'm hoping for more in the future!

Date: 05/27/16 07:10
Author: YG

Very nice!

Steve Mitchell
yardgoatimages.com 

Date: 05/27/16 09:27
Author: train671

Very nice images.  That first video segment (with all the smoke) almost looks like it was done
as a "run-by."  Great sound too.  For those of us who couldn't be there it was a pleasure to enjoy
these segments.  Thanks for posting.

Date: 05/27/16 20:28
Author: spdaylight

Loved the clip with 611 passing the large crowd with the kids in front of your camera . .  a timeless shot of kids holding their hands over their ears as the engine passes and then waving at the coaches . . . nicely done!

Craig
http://www.mcmrailvideos.com/

Date: 05/28/16 18:17
Author: ProAmtrak

Awesome set of videos man, I'm hoping if she's running next year to head out and see her!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds