Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Steam & Excursion > Northern Central Railroad # 17 steam

Date: 05/23/16 08:49
Northern Central Railroad # 17 steam
Author: JohnnyG

the York # 17 is up and running for the 2016 season.New crossing gates,new stuff going on.While you are there,visit Hanover Junction museum  and the New Freedom Station,lots of stuff to see.My favorite place to eat or get a good cup of coffee is at the Rail Trail Cafe,It's right next to the New Freedom Station.I'm the greeter at the station.Come up on the porch and rest yourself

​                                                                                             JohnnyG

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/23/16 08:59
Re: Northern Central Railroad # 17 steam
Author: HotWater

May I suggest that you use a tripod, in the future?

Date: 05/23/16 11:52
Author: ClubCar

Hello Johnny G.  What road is this where they now have crossing gates?  I've ridden behind the Steam Into History before and none of the roads had anything but railroad crossing bars and/or signs.  Thank you.
John

Date: 05/23/16 15:16

the crossing is at Centerville Road(616),jus above the sewer plant

Date: 05/23/16 17:08
Author: MojaveBill

Nice train!!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 05/24/16 07:58
Author: PlyWoody

Sadly, it looks like the train is empty. This will be a display item soon if it does not get income.

Date: 05/24/16 11:10
Author: ClubCar

PlyWoody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sadly, it looks like the train is empty. This will
> be a display item soon if it does not get income.
​Hopefully more folks will go again and again.  It's a great train ride and there have been rumors that they are working on the track to increase the distance north.  This should get more folks to ride.  Keep in mind that they are a non-profit organization so folks can donate money to them which for many is a tax-deduction, so please everyone send them some money.  Even though I have ridden before I am planning to go again very shortly.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 05/25/16 12:50
Author: atsf121

One of these things is not like the other.  That is a great looking train, hope to ride it some day.  

Nathan

Date: 05/26/16 05:45

i volunteer three days a week,when the train isn't running.Lots going on.Always need a extra hand

​                                                                     JohnnyG

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0349 seconds