Home Open Account Help 396 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Following a BNSF Shippers Special through San Diego County

Date: 03/08/17 12:23
Following a BNSF Shippers Special through San Diego County
Author: suvart

Yesterday BNSF ran a shippers special from Fullerton to San Diego and back. It was departing San Diego as the Sun was setting, so getting pictures in good light were out of the question. But it was picking up the majority of the passengers at Solana Beach, where the platform is well lit. So I raced it there. It was nice to see a special without one of those Bi-level cars in there, which I feel ruins the look of the train. 
Travus 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/17 12:25 by suvart.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/08/17 16:02
Re: Following a BNSF Shippers Special through San Diego County
Author: DFWJIM

Thanks for sharing. Why did the train stop in Solana Beach?

Date: 03/08/17 17:08
Author: OTG

DFWJIM Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing. Why did the train stop in
> Solana Beach?

I'm guessing they were golfing at Torrey Pines, so they dropped off and picked up their customers theere, rather than San Diego.

Date: 03/08/17 17:55
Author: suvart

I have no idea if they were golfing, but they were picking up most of the passengers at Solana. Some boarded at the Santa Fe depot Downtown. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/17 13:03 by suvart.

Date: 03/11/17 23:09
Author: bnsfdevore

Nice. I was south of Cp Elvira at the curve. Shot video with my cell phone. Not enough light to get a good pic. Yours is much better.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds