Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > KCS at our tree farm in autumn

Date: 11/22/16 20:37
KCS at our tree farm in autumn
Author: docgrommesh

We have a tree farm where I work on the south side of KC and part of it just happens to be right beside the KCS mainline and intermodal yard.  Kind of nice for a Railfan :)  I wish the videos that I post are in HD like the original video because the trees this time of year are just stunning.  It still looks pretty good though.

I have a lot more footage I can post of switching, unloading containers, and another train coming in to drop off more stacks.  I am in the process of producing one under the 5 min allowed per video of the action and not make it to boring.  I could watch that kind of stuff all day long but I understand videos can get a little boring after awhile.  The pictures are just some bits of the action.  Hopefully eveyone will enjoy it.

Enjoy the view!

Doc

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/22/16 21:14
Re: KCS at our tree farm in autumn

Someone on my last post mentioned sound.  I am working on it.

Doc

Date: 11/23/16 07:10
Author: 4400horsepower

Very NICE, Thanks for sharing.

Brian
Burlington, Iowa

Date: 11/23/16 08:13
Author: chefjavier

keep posting..:)

Javier Ortiz
Dallas, TX

Date: 11/23/16 13:32

Thanks for your replies.  I will definatly keep posting as long as everyone is interested.  Obviously I mostly post videos and I just always notice video's are less inviting to look at for some reason.  I am always trying to keep them interesting so more and more people will want to start watching them.  I also try and not film at the same spot ever so they aren't so redundant.  Again thanks for your replies it keeps me going because they do take a lot of time to produce and my wife try's to keep that in mind because she knows how much I enjoy shooting and sharing them!  It makes it all worth while when someone makes even one remark as you guys have done.  I am going to start working on sound and that is going to be even more of a challenge.
If anyone is interested in my other posts you know you can always find them by searching "docgrommesh" at the top right corner of the screen. :)
Hope everyone has a great turkey day!

Doc

Date: 11/23/16 20:19
Author: EastKSRailfan

Nice video! I've taken KCS photos from overpasses to the north and south of that stretch, but I've always wondered what it looked like trackside. The elevated video view was even greater!

Carl Graves, Lawrence, KS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds