Home Open Account Help 330 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Ash Hill - Klondike Curve - Going Down the Up Rail

Date: 10/15/16 19:55
Ash Hill - Klondike Curve - Going Down the Up Rail
Author: syscom3

I saw this last week in the early morning. Its on Ash Hill at the Klondike curve.

I was completely out of position to see this and only was able to grab it at the last second. An eastbound intermodal heading down the main that usually handles the westbounds. I have heard it happens but I never saw it until now. Considering that it is unusual to begin with and rare a railfan is there to catch it; that would make this video a very rare treat for you all.

Sorry about the lighting conditions. There was a thick layer of middle and high altitude clouds obscuring the sun that morning. And I had no idea this train would come along.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/16 19:55 by syscom3.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/15/16 22:19
Re: Ash Hill - Klondike Curve - Going Down the Up Rail
Author: Ritzville

I always enjoy your tours of the Klondike area and it's vastness and beauty. It sounded like the wind was blowing that day.

Larry

Date: 10/16/16 10:49
Re: Ash Hill - Klondike Curve - Going Down the Up Rail
Author: syscom3

Yes, it was a slight breeze in the morning. I wasnt planning on taking video's then, but this was too good to pass up.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0246 seconds