Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP Roseville Sub.- East Truckee to Hinton

Date: 09/18/16 08:44
UP Roseville Sub.- East Truckee to Hinton
Author: ATSF5964

Over the last ten days, I've made three trips to Truckee, each one moderately productive. My intention in at least one instance was to make it further west, but a combination of late starts and not wanting to miss known moves conspired to keep me east of town. No matter; the seven-mile stretch between East Truckee (mp 209) and Hinton (mp 216) has charms all its own. A case in point is the big curve at mp 211.25- until TO member sp1827ml graciously showed me how to find the overlook, I had no clue such a fine view existed! Thanks, Mark.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/18/16 11:05
Re: UP Roseville Sub.- East Truckee to Hinton
Author: gonx

Excellent!

Date: 09/18/16 11:39
Author: coach

In that shot at MP 211, down below to the right you see the remains of the old Lincoln Highway, pre-Interstate 80.

Date: 09/18/16 12:05
Author: cchan006

Excellent! (x2)

Was the first stacker a westbound running on a Thursday? 

I found that magnificent overlook, also with help of a friend, like yourself, a very nice "word of mouth" location. 

Date: 09/18/16 12:22
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 09/18/16 16:17
Author: ATSF5964

cchan006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was the first stacker a westbound running on a
> Thursday? 
 The first train shown was westbound at mp 209 on Friday, September 16th. The two trains at mp 216 were Saturday the 17th, and the two trains at mp 211.25 were Wednesday the 7th.

Date: 09/18/16 19:06
Author: stash

Great video. Great editing.
The Great Big Rolling Railroad at its best.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/18/16 20:35
Author: sp1827ml

Very nice video!! You're welcome!! I'm thinking that I have been to that location, on the Glenshire Bluffs, 5 or 6 times in the past couple months showing off that view. It was nice of UP to send us a couple of east bounds that morning. I also think that you have showed me more new locations in that time, than I've shown you. Here's my look at that east bound freight from that morning.

Mark
Reno, NV

Date: 09/19/16 14:49
Author: zfan

Great video!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds