Home Open Account Help 290 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > Stack and Tanker Drone video in South Olathe, KS BNSF

Date: 08/21/16 15:33
Stack and Tanker Drone video in South Olathe, KS BNSF
Author: docgrommesh

Figure might as well send one more out before I get the Emporia one out which will be the last one of the month it looks like.  Hope nobody is getting tired of the videos...lol  the last one was a little boring.  This one has a little more action.  Taken 8-6-16

Doc

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/21/16 16:41
Re: Stack and Tanker Drone video in South Olathe, KS BNSF
Author: Auburn_Ed

Very good, it is nice to get a view of a train from BOTH sides.  And having TWO trains gives even more variety.  Just be sure to keep the pans slow, otherwise it's like looking at a kaleidescope, every thing is blurry when it moves across the screen real fast.  I look forward to more.

Ed

Date: 08/21/16 16:52
Author: JoCoLB

Fantastic video at Olathe, especially seeing a two trains meet on the north side of the small BNSF switch yard. A huge warehouse is to be built on the land where dirt excation work is taking place directly north of the yard. It doesn't appear that a siding will serve the warehouse.  Trucks will no doubt handle containers in and out of the warehouse, with the containers being handled via the Logistics Park Kansas City intermodal center just a few miles to the southwest. 

Date: 08/21/16 17:09

Yeah I had just bought the drone and had only a little bit of experience flying RC planes and Helicopters on the last 2 videos I posted.  The ones from yesterday I posted you can tell I have gotten a little more smooth.

Doc

Date: 08/21/16 17:16

I was wondering what was going in there.  They are really starting to get that area developed.  I bet a QT goes in soon.  Thanks for the compliment and info.

Doc

Date: 08/21/16 17:36
Author: JoCoLB

That's a QT going in on the east side of Lone Elm Road/K-7 in the short block between U.S. 56 and Dennis Ave. It will be handy for railfans needing fuel, food and refrehments. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/16 20:12 by JoCoLB.

Date: 08/22/16 05:11
Author: ns1000

Nice video!!

Date: 08/25/16 11:26
Author: sp3663

When I first saw these drone shots posted, I thought, not being much of a fan of drone shots, that I would just pass them by.
That would have been a big mistake o my part for sure. I really enjoyed watching them. I thought your technique was pretty darn good.
I'm actually looking forward to more of these.
Ron W

Date: 08/27/16 15:29

Thank you so much for saying that!

Doc

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.039 seconds