Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > More than a parked intermodal empty at Gardner, KS

Date: 05/21/16 16:59
More than a parked intermodal empty at Gardner, KS
Author: JoCoLB

After going to Larry's Lookout in Gardner, KS, shortly after noon today, Saturday, May 21, 2016, i became disappointed.

There was a lone empty intermodal train parked at the east end of Track Four, which leads back west to the Logistics Park Kansas City intermodal center just west of town. I waited nearly a full hour before I saw a single train. My patience eventually was rewarded during the next half-hour.

I was able to frame three westbounders in my viewfinder within a span of 28 minutes.

1:05 p.m. --- Here came an westbound intermodal "Z" train with a variety of cargo shipments.

1:17 p.m. --- Arriving at the Gardner station sign/signal bridge was a westbound auto rack train.

1:33 p.m. --- The bonus shot was the third train to show up. It was a military train with various pieces of field equipment on flat cars. I do not know where the train originated or what its destination is.

This is on the BNSF Railway's Emporia Sub., 30-plus miles southwest of Kansas City, Kan.

(Photos by Larry Byers) 

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/16 19:13 by JoCoLB.

Date: 05/21/16 17:03
Re: More than a parked intermodal empty at Gardner, KS

I couldn't resist quickly switching to video mode when the military train appeared. Here is the first of two segments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/16 17:06 by JoCoLB.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/16 17:11

Here is Part II of the video showing the rest of the military train as it moved through Gardner.

(Video by Larry Byers) 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/21/16 17:22
Author: electromac

Excellent!!!!!!

Date: 05/21/16 19:43

I've learned this train is headed from Camp Ripley, Minn., to Barstow, Calif. There may be additonal trains headed to the same place..

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0379 seconds