Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > A "meet" at Devils Gate

Date: 11/21/15 11:10
A "meet" at Devils Gate
Author: lee_uintah

Location is Devils Gate, MP 981 in Weber Canyon on the Overland Route, November 21.  (The locals call this location "Horseshoe Bend" due to the shape of the old highway which follows the river under the rail bridges.)  The EB train appeared to have two SD-60's "dead in tow" behind the four operating units, which included a CSX.  Almost 100 hundred cars had passed by, when the WB train of autorack/containers interrupted the view.  The EB had a mid-train DPU, which could not be seen because it was behind the WB.  I would estimate that the EB had about 170 cars.  Luckily, the ends of both trains also "met" in this video view, just off the bridges to the west.  Although sunny, the temperature was 24 degrees at the time of the photo, about 11:25 this morning.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/21/15 12:53
Re: A "meet" at Devils Gate
Author: ble692

The eastbound is the QRVNPP 19. I saw it leaving Roseville two nights ago. The SD60Ms are in fact stored servicable. They had been used out of Roseville until recently, but now they are moving east for storage.

Date: 11/21/15 14:48
Author: lee_uintah

Thank you for the additional information about the EB train!

Date: 11/21/15 20:31
Author: Biggs_Jct

That QRVNPP is 10,000 feet in length as those trains always fill out at Ogden before heading east. Bet it took 'em a while to make it up to the top of the hill. Hopefully there wasn't a hot Z train following close behind.

Date: 11/22/15 08:07
Author: sp3663

Nice video. Wish I could go back there again. I used to love to watch trains in the Canyon.
One of my favorite places was/is Morgan.
Ron W

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0653 seconds