Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > BNSF/CP trains cross at Athol, ID

Date: 09/30/15 08:19
BNSF/CP trains cross at Athol, ID
Author: lee_uintah

I recently visited the BNSF lines across Washington and Idaho.  This "meet" occured near Athol, ID, where the former Northern Pacific (now BNSF) crosses over the former Spokane International (now Union Pacific).  I did not expect the CP train, running on trackage rights, to appear under the eastbound  BNSF train.  Date was September 18, 2015.
Opinions are mixed about the value, or distraction, of narration.  I normally narrate the video for my own benefit, to help me recollect what I saw, and where.  The narration is unplanned and unrehearsed.  I hope you enjoy!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/30/15 08:27
Re: BNSF/CP trains cross at Athol, ID
Author: 8notch

Great timing on your video. The sounds of both trains at the same time was neat.

Date: 09/30/15 08:50
Author: mexrail

Great luck.  Just a comment, not a CP trackage rights train but UP train with run thru CP power as are most of the trains on the SI.

Mexrail

Date: 09/30/15 09:11

Thanks, Mexrail, for the correction and clarification.  Lee

Date: 09/30/15 16:57
Author: BruceStikkers

Really nice video and narration. You could feel the panic and "what do I do now" in it when you got more than yo bargained for with 2 trains at once. The bridge doesn't look like a real safe place to be if two trucks were passing each other when you were on it.

Bruce Stikkers
St. Joseph, IL

Date: 09/30/15 17:02
Author: ns1000

I enjoyed the video!!

Date: 09/30/15 19:53

The road is old highway 95, and there was/is almost no traffic on it.  I kept a close watch, but there was little danger.

Date: 10/01/15 08:09
Author: Torisgod

This was an absolutely amazing video, no two ways about it! What a rare catch: the power of the CP train almost went right underneath the power of the BNSF!

Tor in Eugene

Date: 10/01/15 08:11
Author: Torisgod

This was an absolutely amazing video, no two ways about it! What a rare catch: such a perfectly timed meet doesn't happen every day, and especially not when there is someone right there to take a video! I enjoyed the narration.

Tor in Eugene

Date: 10/01/15 18:38
Author: Coalca

Excellent catch, obviously a surprise! Very lucky to be there like that with a video rolling

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0287 seconds