Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Western Railroad Discussion > UP's ZBRLC cresting Hooker Hill

Date: 03/16/15 16:15
UP's ZBRLC cresting Hooker Hill
Author: locogimp

Saturday's edition of the ZBRLC was captured a couple miles north of Blunt siding (north of Red Bluff, California) with UP 8198 on the point at 12 minutes past noon on March 14, 2012. It's a beautiful time in Northern California with all the oak trees and their new bright green foliage, unless of course you're an allergy sufferer. If we don't get any much needed precipitation this pretty green scene won't last very long!

Jan Austin
Chico, CA
J.G. Austin Photography

Date: 03/16/15 17:47
Re: UP's ZBRLC cresting Hooker Hill
Author: cchan006

Nice! Location noted! I see it's printed in the Valley Sub page in the Altamont Press Timetable.

The same ZBRLC showed up in Stockton during Winterail dinner break, and I caught it. Amtrakdavis22 and I guesstimated it might arrive around 5 pm (and jmf1910 guesstimated separately for similar arrival time), but looks like the "Z minus" met some trains along the Valley Sub, and got stacked behind Amtrak #704 on the Fresno Sub and arrived around 6 pm.

Here's a video of the entire train at the Ex-SP Stockton ACE depot:

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/16/15 18:09
Author: Out_Of_Service

interesting array of intermodal loadings on that train ... thanks for posting

Posted from Android

Date: 03/16/15 18:14
Author: electromac

Nice video......thanks for sharing....

Date: 03/16/15 18:36
Author: zchcsse

I caught that on Cajon Pass...SUNDAY afternoon! It sure doesn't seem like it made good time!

-Tom

Date: 03/17/15 02:24
Author: Fizzboy7

Good-looking train! Thanks for showing the whole thing.

Date: 03/17/15 07:55
Author: PCX

Nice mix of tofc on there. And always enjoy seeing the Gordon Trucking trailers on board...enjoyed the video.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.036 seconds