Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Canadian Railroads > Passenger business at Springhill Junction.

Date: 05/05/24 12:59
Passenger business at Springhill Junction.
Author: newtonville150

Today's VIA 15, the westbound "Ocean", slows to a stop at Springhill Junction to pick up a passenger bound for Montreal.
I spoke to the passenger and her husband (who was dropping her off) and she told me she was going to transfer to
another train in Montreal for points west. There is nothing at Springhill Junction any more to even suggest that
trains still stop here.

...John Reay
Springhill NS

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/24 14:05 by newtonville150.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/05/24 14:27
Re: Passenger business at Springhill Junction.
Author: King_Coal

F40 looking exceptionally clean. Thanks for sharing.

Date: 05/05/24 15:40
Author: jp1822

Nice catch! VIA long distance trains - Ocean, Canadian, Hudson Bay, and the other adventure routes - quite interesting to see buildings and even no buildings at station stops - not even signs at times!

I know the can no longer "loop" the train in Halifax any more, so hence VIA's decision to put the F40s in a back to back arrangement and the locomotives just "switch ends" at Halifax.......But anyone know what revenue cars are in service going east and then what's in service heading west. Lot of Renaissance cars still in the consist. I know the Renaissance sleepers, diner and some coaches are being used; and I know a Chateau Sleeper was being used by the staff. But there are three Chateau sleepers I believe in this consist. Just curious as to how many cars are in revenue service (and type) heading eastbound as opposed to westbound etc. this year. Too bad that the VIA Panorama cars are in such poor shape that they couldn't be used as "lounge" and "sightseeing cars" on the Ocean, as the Renaissance Service cars are really not ideal as a lounge car. Ocean used to have a pretty descent amount of sleepers in service, even with the non-looping and thee times a week service. 

Date: 05/05/24 23:33
Author: amtrak34east

On my recent trip, I rode in a Renaissance sleeper to Halifax, and a cabin for 2(Cabin B) in the "HEP" Chateau Sleeper Section. Only 1 of 3 of the Chateau's were in revenue service. 

Drew Mitchem
Centralia, WA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0492 seconds