Home Open Account Help 191 users online

Steam & Excursion > CP 2816 steam through Newport

Date: 05/04/24 21:25
CP 2816 steam through Newport
Author: gobbl3gook

Hi All, 

Update -- my mother and I enjoyed watching CP 2816 steam through Newport.  10 mph, slow speed coming out of a stop 1 mile north.  

Video isn't particularly scenic or well-framed, but shows the train wandering along the CP/Soo/Milwaukie where the CB&Q/BN/BNSF paired track begins.  

Thanks for the help guesstimating the schedule.  .  

Was: Once again I'm looking at the two FB forums for the CP 2816 Empress, and nobody seems to have any discussion about tomorrow's departure from St. Paul, MN.  

I've been following the two Empress Pages on Facebook, and Minnesota Railroads on Facebook.  

Facebook has mixed up their posting system so posts are no longer chronological.  Making it hard to find anything.  I dug back about 30 posts on all three forums.  

One of those pages said it would follow the Empire Builder out of town.  Another said 7:00 am.  Looking at the three FB pages now, I can't find either reference.  

Does anyone here have any info on this, or suggestions for other sources (other FB pages, twitter/x, etc?) where the info might be had?  

Thanks in advance, 

Ted in Shoreview

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/05/24 05:52
Re: Estimated schedule CP 2816 departing from St. Paul?
Author: RutledgeRadio

I’m wondering this too, I’m in St Paul currently and will probably be heading down to Hastings to see it providing it hasn’t already left. The tracker on CPKC’s website shows nothing yet as of 7:50 (though I know at times it hasn’t been completely accurate). No further updates on Facebook except one person thought 7 am, but couldn’t confirm…

Date: 05/05/24 06:02
Author: RutledgeRadio

Update from FB about 40 minutes ago, “Word on the street is they’ll follow Amtrak 8”. If so this means it’ll be about 9 am. Amtrak is running on time and should depart St Paul at 8:50.

Date: 05/05/24 06:34
Author: bgiaquin

RutledgeRadio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Update from FB about 40 minutes ago, “Word on
> the street is they’ll follow Amtrak 8”. If so
> this means it’ll be about 9 am. Amtrak is
> running on time and should depart St Paul at 8:50.

Correct , the excursion will be considerably slower that amtrak, and since the route it mostly single track, it goes in right behind the builder. I will chasing amtrak and the 2816 today aroud Winona and La Crosse, hopefully some good shots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0551 seconds