Home Open Account Help 208 users online

Passenger Trains > Clean Cardinal, a bit late

Date: 05/03/24 04:29
Clean Cardinal, a bit late
Author: Chessie1963

#50 is running almost 3 hour late this morning due "a trespasser coming into contact with a freight train" ahead of the Cardinal east of Indy. I caught the train on the Covington, KY webcam this morning and it was a good, clean train, though it really needs a few more cars (one sleeper, one-two coaches, a diner). Some day, maybe.

Date: 05/03/24 04:53
Re: Clean Cardinal, a bit late
Author: joemvcnj

Maybe while it was sitting for 3 hours, some squeegee boys went after it. 

Date: 05/03/24 06:17
Author: regalstream1516

The train washing building in Chicago had orange cones across the entrance and exits when I travelled through town in late April.  No washing use in Chicago means the Portland section of the Empire Builder, the Lake Shore Limited, Texas Eagle, City of New Orleans, Cardinal and Chicago based regional trains never get cleaned.  No washing in New York puts a heavy burden on Chicago.  Hopefully the cleaner Cardinal you mention means that the Chicago washer is up an running again.  Opaque windows for the new train CHI-MSP would be way to fitting for current Amtrak operations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/24 06:56 by regalstream1516.

Date: 05/03/24 06:32
Author: Heath_Tower

The deceased was found within Indianapolis, approximately at the 1100 block of Maryland St. This area is known for having
a large number of homeless people in the vicinity, it's close to a Salvation Army facility. That may be the case here, but who knows.

This railroad right of way was at one time where the PRR/B&O and their successors ran close to each other for about 1.5 miles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/24 09:34 by Heath_Tower.

Date: 05/03/24 12:08
Author: sethamtrak

The wash was working in mid-April. Not sure what the cones and such were about. 

Nonetheless, 7 out of Chicago yesterday was filthy. One of the filthiest looking Builders I have ever seen. 

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/04/24 23:10
Author: mp51w

I would rather see the video of it coming out clean at the other end!  Ha!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds