Home Open Account Help 212 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > "Don't Bug Me!" NYSW Utica NY Branch

Date: 05/03/24 10:48
"Don't Bug Me!" NYSW Utica NY Branch
Author: ut-1

Spotting a VW Beetle, a/k/a a "Bug," parked a bit too close to the tracks along Railroad Street in Clayville, NY, the New York, Susquehanna & Western engineer slowed his train and peered out his window to ensure there'd be no "Bug" squishing on his run.

Video taken on April 30th.

A longer version of this video appears on my YouTube channel. "Railroading Rambler."

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/03/24 13:01
Re: "Don't Bug Me!" NYSW Utica NY Branch
Author: MacBeau

That structure on the other side of the tracks looks closer than the VW. Interesting video.
—Mac 

Date: 05/03/24 13:35
Author: WM_1109

Is there no end to the stupidity? Makes you wonder how Mr. Beetle was able to get past the NYS driver license test.
/Ted

Date: 05/03/24 15:31
Author: rustyr0824

Very cool. And there was a sign in front of the Bug.  Can't tell what it says but maybe it says "Don't park close to tracks".
You would figure a "local" would be aware of the active tracks sitting right there.
I will be sure to check out the longer version and I subscribed to your YT page.
:-)

Date: 05/03/24 19:18
Author: dschlegel

In the village of Hancock which is just east of Topton, PA by about 3/4 mile, goofballs park along Main 1 of the NS Reading Line like that.

The big difference here is that track speed is 60 and if a car ever does get clipped by a westbound, the train will probably get stopped here in Topton and block all three crossings.

Neat video, thanks for getting out in the rain!

Dan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/03/24 21:06
Author: krm152

Thanks for posting your excellent video..Great to see #3040 out and running.
ALLEN

Date: 05/04/24 08:39
Author: Ritzville

Very interesting video!

Larry

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds